Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Graphics driver will not install  (Read 686 times)

Offline mjames1

• New Registration
Graphics driver will not install
« on: June 12, 2004, 13:16 »
My set up is as follows

XP2800+
MSI K7N2 Delta
Asus Gforce 5600
512 DDR 2700 ram
Windows XP
500 watt power supply

My problem is that everything runs fine on installation of windows xp until i try to install a graphics driver ithangs completly until i reset and restore to previous settings i have tried different drivers and another graphics card but no luck

I have had the graphics card working fine and installed on my KT4VL motherboard for the past 6 months any ideas anyone??
 ???

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:Graphics driver will not install
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 13:48 »
Hi and :welcome:

Have you checked that the grahic card/s voltages are compatable with the mobo you are now using ?
Have you set the bios up correctly for the AGP settings ?
I assume it runs ok when installing XP on XPs own drivers and the problem just appears when you are updating the drivers to the manufacturers own, can you confirm this please  :)

Offline mjames1

• New Registration
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 08:20 »
I have checked the voltages and they seem ok as does the AGP settings but device manager reports it as a device that requires a driver to be installed but so did my motherboard devices which using the disk supplied by MSI installed successfully ,its only when i try to install the graphics driver that the problem occurs

Offline ketamininja

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 13:23 »
Is that card an 8x AGP? Is it a special setting (jumper) that you have to change to get it to 4x AGP? Does your mainboard support 8x AGP?

Install the nvidia chipset drivers for the mainboard first, and then try again. Its possible you may have a faulty AGP port.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum