Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: lettuce  (Read 953 times)

Offline labopp

lettuce
« on: June 22, 2004, 18:16 »
hi
my computer has become no more useful than a piece of lettuce. it is as slow as it can get. i can't close applications, explorer is hardly moving, get stucked all the time and i cant close the windows. i dont know what has happened but i can barely use my cpu. for ex, when i move a window, i can see the trails, i just duplicate as if it was low on memory or something.
whats going on folks????

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:lettuce
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 18:20 »
Have you run your AV, Adaware and Spyware removal programs and maybe tried a reg cleaner ?
Try Defragging and Disk Clean Up as well  :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 18:20 »
Have you done a full virus scan, and checked for spyware / adware, with Ad Aware and Spybot?  Sounds like something is hogging your system resources.

Edit: Sandra beat me by 2 seconds!!   :P ;)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline labopp

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 19:21 »
i did run a norton and a adaware scan, wihtout much success. no virus, nothing on adaware...
it comes to a point where i really cant do anything, cant see my desktop after openig a window, everything is so slow, like there's no ram at all...

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 20:01 »
Can you download and run Hijack This, then save the log and post it on here?  That might give us an idea as to what is running on your machine.

By the way, when you get the slowdown, have you looked at your Task Manager, to see if anything is hogging resources?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 22:56 »
Hi Labopp and welcome to pc-pals.  Have you recently updated your firewall lately.  I had a similar problem and it was due to Norton's firewall updates. Are you running windows ME?  :). If so, uninstall firewall and use a different one. I'm using ZA but Simon prefers sygate.
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline ketamininja

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2004, 15:36 »

;D

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum