Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: bios problem?  (Read 1231 times)

Offline jon996

bios problem?
« on: October 27, 2004, 14:20 »
heloo all,

i was just skimming thru the event viewer and i came across about 30errors...all were the same thing..

AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal IO port address (0x70), which lies in the 0x70 - 0x71 protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

do i need to update bios?

jon ::)
rive it like you stole it!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:bios problem?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 15:01 »
If your computer is otherwise running OK, I would be wary of updating your BIOS, as this can be fraught with danger, if things happen to go wrong.  Hopefully one of the techies will be able to help you better.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline jon996

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 15:03 »
yeah everything is working ok. my pc isnt instable or anything it just annoys me !
 :)

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 15:34 »
Probably a bios update, but as Simon "says"  ;D leave alone if not sure about flashing the Bios  ;)

What does it say in the Event viewer under ACPI?

Offline jon996

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 15:36 »
tht is wot the error is...ACPI

AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal IO port address (0x70), which lies in the 0x70 - 0x71 protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 15:44 »
XP logs the slightest error it finds, 99.9% of the time it doesnt affect anything. Just ignore it Jon, unless it starts crashing or not doing something it should  :)

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 15:46 »
Google:

I have seen this once before. What I found out is that these errors will occur with XP and an older BIOS. Something to do with the way a bios is programmed. The Shuttle ak12 is a older motherboard and has been discontinued. This last BIOS they have for it is from June 2001 and I doubt they are going to release an update for it. You can ensure you BIOS is the latest version but beyond that the best I can say for now is that if you are noticing no problems with your system then just ignore these errors.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 15:50 »
Sandra :

XP logs the slightest error it finds, 99.9% of the time it doesnt affect anything. Just ignore it Jon, unless it starts crashing or not doing something it should  :)

;D ;D ;D

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 15:56 »
:bart:  :P  :peep:

Offline jon996

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 16:02 »
cheers
 :wahh: :splat: