Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: WinME > W2K Upgrade Hell!!  (Read 2189 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:WinME > W2K Upgrade Hell!!
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2004, 16:21 »
Done it!  ::)  Sandra was right about the USBs not being enabled in BIOS  :-*  so once I got flying with BB I was in a better position to sort the rest out.  Downloaded several modem drivers from www.driverguide.com, and luckily one of them worked, so both problems solved in a matter of minutes in the end, after spending ages on it last night.  Obviously had to bung on IE6 (had CD), Norton AV & Firewall, and get the Windows Updates, but all up and running now, and I didn't need to break open the case (lol Tony).

Thanks for the help guys!  :thumb:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2004, 16:31 »
Glad you found it and sorted it Simon  :)
I had that problem with my first 166 pc, I bought a usb scanner and couldnt get it to work.
It took me ages to find out that the usb host controller wasnt enabled in the bios.
I rang my friend who had sold it me and he said "I didnt think youd be using usb so I disabled it"  ::)

I think that was about 3 months after getting a pc when I knew even less than I do now  :)

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2004, 16:31 »
Simon, you should always listen to your Auntie Sandra. She's very seldom wrong but she was right again.  :P
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2004, 19:38 »
On setting bios to default, the USB ports are always disabled on my PC.
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum