Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Vista ... features revealed:  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021

Offline sam

• Administrator
Vista ... features revealed:
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 09:21 »
ie 7 for it looks remarkably like firefox...
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 11:11 »
Where the File | Edit | View stuff for Windows Explorer?  Hope they haven't done away with that!  I don't particularly like the layout of IE7 either, but hopefully that will be customisable (I didn't read any of the text, just looked at the pictures!).  Think I'll stick to Mozilla, thanks.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 21:08 »
Yep.  I'll be sticking with my Opera/Firefox combination.  Indeed, as someone who will not go beyond Windows 98SE or Windows 2000 because I like to be in full control of my PC, it is only a matter of time before I move completely away from Microshaft to Linux.

Having said that, with the possible exception of the (now defunct?) Lotus Smartsuite, I have yet to find an Office Suite that can really compete with Microsoft Office in terms of applications available and sheer ease of use. Ability Office isn't too bad and Open Office is OK for word processing and spreadsheets, but the days when there is a real alternative to Microsoft Office is a long time coming.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 01:57 »
you could just use latex (a typesetting program, similar to how html works in a sense) as a "word processor" but open office aint bad!

as for linux, the only reason i still have a windows pc is to play games, without that id be linux only...its easier, cheaper (free!), safer and more stable.
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum