Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: MS Access 2003 and MySQL ODBC  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Biglad

MS Access 2003 and MySQL ODBC
« on: August 10, 2005, 10:56 »
Hi All,

I am hoping i can find some assistance here.

I am running an Access 2002 database with an ODBC linked table.

Whe i try to update records using a simple query from Access it will not allow me to update any records as a result of a lock violation.

This puzzles me as to why this is happening i am wondering if anyone has any experience and a few minutes to explain the ins an outs of why this may be happening.

MAny thanks

Biglad.
hank you all.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 11:47 »
I've heard the term 'lock violation' before, and I'm not certain, but I believe it means that the file is in use elsewhere... could that give you a clue as to what's happening?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline DJ

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 13:37 »
How are you accessing the table? Dirctly through access or through an ASP.net page (or similar).

If its through an ASP.net page make sure that the connection is opened and then closed correctly in each opreation.  If it remains open it can cause the table to lock and will not allow any further modifcaiton to it until it is closed.

Also have a look at the relationships in your database. If the edit you are trying to do creates a duplicate, or requires data in another table, it will not be allowed until the correct data is entered.

DJ

Offline Rose9994u

Which Language u are using
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 15:32 »
If you are using ASP or ASP.net  then Set Permission Of NTFS Directory( in which mdb is Resides) For ASP.net , ASP in win2k and "Network service" in w2k3  to Allow ALL ie modify delete etc.

Or u get Updatable Query Needed Error .

If using VB Then there are two type of Security One Database Level & One is User Level I don't Know How to set this but See access help.
ant Free DigiCam Visit http://www.freenezy.com

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 15:52 »
umm sounds interesting, might be worth a try mate.

Cheers Rose - seems that we have come to an inpase on this one.
Oh and  :welcome:
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Rose9994u

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 13:22 »
If my 1st solution is not working then in IIS->site(web)->Properties-> Directory security -> Set Administrator Username Name Password.

&

IIS->Site(web/Virtual)-> Permission -> See for Asp or asp.net (w2k) and Network service (w2k3)  ->Allow All

If you don't See any Username that i specified then click add-> find ->Select the user names from there.

You will find in internet to use IIs_WAM  or IIs_computername etc solution but it will not work. because it is about asp not for asp.net

Also let us Know that ur problem is solved or not
ant Free DigiCam Visit http://www.freenezy.com

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum