Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Internet homepage  (Read 1467 times)

Offline nilsatis

Internet homepage
« on: September 17, 2005, 12:02 »
Hi,
    Every time I log onto the net(Im on wanadoo), instead of the wanadoo home page I get this - http://searchweb2.com/, I have reset to default every time but it goes back to it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Andy

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Internet homepage
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 12:05 »
Looks like your homepage has been hijacked, there is a free removal tool for that but I havent got the link at the moment.

Found it, CWS Shredder from here :

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/CWShredder-Download-8114.html

Hopefully that will remove it for you, it works for the "cool web search" hijacker and I think it should work for that one too  :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Internet homepage
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 15:03 »
Failing the above, Ad Aware and / or Spybot should work for you, and Spyware Blaster will help prevent further instances of spyware on your PC.

Ad Aware
Spybot S&D
Spyware Blaster
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline nilsatis

Internet homepage
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 11:02 »
Sandra, I couldnt download cwshredder it kept stopping.
Simon, I used S&D but it didnt get it.
This is the new homepage,
How did Lop.com become my search engine?

This could happen one of several ways.

You could have clicked the 'make start page' link on the main Lop.com webpage.
You could have downloaded and installed one of our many software applications. In the terms and conditions of any of our software products it is clearly stated that we grant you a free license to use the software and by installing the software on your computer you agree to use our search services in your web browser.  Any and all changes made to your system are clearly stated in the terms and conditions and are fully uninstallable via the 'Help' then 'uninstall' option on any of our software applications.   Additionally a separate uninstall program may be downloaded here

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Internet homepage
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 11:49 »
Try going into IE properties, and on the Programs tab click to reset the default Home Page and Search Engines, then on the General tab, change the Home Page back to what you want it to be.  If it goes back to lop.com after you reboot, then something must be lodged in your registry.  Do you know which software you may have got this from, or where you may have downloaded one of their software applications?  It may be worth trying their own removal tool, but be aware that it could be a trick to install yet more spyware, depending how unscrupulous they are.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Internet homepage
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 12:39 »
Andy I have downloaded CWS shredder from that link with no problems, maybe something from lob.com or something else has been stopping it ?

I have zipped it and attached it to an email that I have just sent you to your registered e mail address.

Lob.com is another thing that can be difficult to remove but see how you get on with the prog I sent you and adaware and such, and get back to us if it doesnt clear all of the problems.

Offline nilsatis

Internet homepage
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 16:43 »
Thanks Sandra, it didnt detect anything.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Internet homepage
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 17:12 »
You can try these two unistallers for lop.com

http://lop.com/toolbar_uninstall.exe  this will uninstall the Toolbar.  

http://lop.com/new_uninstall.exe     this should uninstall any other of their stuff.

If you cant download them let me know and I will get them and email them to you   :)

Offline nilsatis

Internet homepage
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 17:43 »
Thanks Sandra, it worked pefectly.
You are a star.
x

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum