Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: problem with printer..  (Read 703 times)

Offline sharon159

problem with printer..
« on: November 23, 2005, 03:26 »
I have a canon i860 printer, I have had it for about 1 1/2 yrs now with no problems. The last week or so when I print out pictures, they are faded looking, ( hazy looking ) horizontal lines through out the picture. I have been buying my ink cartridges from an online company, ( generic brand ) with no problems. Now all of a sudden the color isn't right, I called the company and they sent me new ink cartridges, all colors. The problem is still there, talked to a guy at Staples, showed him the pictures, he said it was the wrong paper. Tried the using the right paper, no change. Did the maintenance program too. Anyone have any suggestions??

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
problem with printer..
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 08:16 »
Well, it does sound like dirty or blocked ink jets.  On my Epson, I sometimes have to run the head cleaning utility several times before it cleans properly, which is annoying as it wastes a lot of ink.  With my last Canon, you could remove the whole thing to manually clean the head - if you still have the instructions, it may tell you how to do this, if it's possible.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
problem with printer..
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 08:16 »
what did you do with the maintance program? This sounds like a nozzle issue or maybe even an alignment issue.
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum