Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Changing Screen Resolution  (Read 1291 times)

Offline castro

Changing Screen Resolution
« on: April 14, 2006, 06:32 »
I normally use a screen resolution of 1280 by 1024 pixels. In order to view a picture as per my projector, I change the resolution to 1024 by 768 pixels. When I then try to revert back to the original resolution setting, the screen remains blank. The only way to get back control is to switch off at the mains. Any suggestions as to what is happening would be much appreciated.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 07:12 »
is this a recent issue or has this always done this?? BTW I assume you are using windows, XP??
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline castro

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 05:59 »
I am running XP.
The reason I need to change screen resolution is because I use software called "PicturesToExe" which is  AV presentation software. The "standard" screen resolution used seems to be 1024 x 768.  I normally use 1280 x 1024. The problem ONLY occurs when I change resolution with "PicturesToExe" open. If close "PicturesToExe" down, change resolution and then reopen "PicturesToExe" all is OK. As far as I have found, I can change screen resolution as usual, with programmes running,  under all other circumstances.
The strange thing is that I can change resolution on my laptop, also running XP, with "PicturesToExe" open, with no such problems.

Offline castro

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 07:11 »
My PC has recently been repaired under warranty. The motherboard and hard drive were replaced and windows reinstalled. Could this possibly be a driver problem?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 09:35 »
If it's a question of simply changing the screen resolution before you open PicturesToExe, then personally, I might think it was less hassle to live with it, rather than spending hours trying to find a solution.  It maybe that you have different graphics software / hardware / drivers on your laptop, which happen to integrate better with P2X... possibly?  If that is the only instance when you have a 'problem', and everything else works fine, I don't see why it should be a drivers issue, but if you have the correct drivers, and want to re-install them, it shouldn't do any harm.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 13:14 »
It could be that its using different gfx drivers to what you had before, maybe even later ones than you had.

Have you got a gfx card or are the gfx onboard ?
If theyre onboard then the new mobo may even be a newer version or have an updated bios that may be causing it too.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum