Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Web users warned against using IE7  (Read 605 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Web users warned against using IE7
« on: June 14, 2006, 16:13 »
Security experts are urging internet users to not rush into downloading the beta version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 until its proper launch.

The latest version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer, which has a built-in search box, enhanced security, and new features including a tabbed browsing, is clashing with security programs installed on PCs.

?After installing IE7 beta, I could no longer update McAfee Antivirus and neither would Zone Alarm function properly. The IE7 Beta version seemed to conflict with both sets of software, which I ended up having to re-install to run properly,? one computer user told Web User.

Graham Cluley, senior technology consultant at Sophos told Web User: ?My recommendation is never to use beta software on a computer which is important to you, or which carries data that is valuable.

?Beta software is software which the vendor knows isn't quite ready for shipping, and is almost certainly going to contain bugs and conflicts with other software. If people are looking for an alternative to the current version of Internet Explorer they might want to consider the latest shipping version of Mozilla Firefox. Firefox has many fans, costs nothing, and is increasing in popularity.?

Microsoft announced the availability of Internet Explorer 7 in February. No date has been revealed for its final release.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum