Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: The Truth About Food  (Read 1422 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
The Truth About Food
« on: January 12, 2007, 10:08 »
Did anyone see The Truth About Food on BBC2 last night?  Apparently, Asda reported a 32% jump in sales of garlic once the Beeb started broadcasting trailers.  I pity all the poor blokes who'll be coming home from work tonight to find they're on a diet of raw cauliflower, raw garlic and lightly grilled mackeral. 

:D
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: The Truth About Food
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 10:13 »
Damn, I meant to watch that.  Oh well, THIS might be useful to those of us who missed it.

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 10:28 »
It was the bit about garlic being nature's cure for erectile dysfunction that made me grin.  After eating four raw cloves per day, a man might have his libido restored but no woman would want to go near him!
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 14:27 »
 :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 10:16 »
yes I saw it, made some interesting watching.... the problem with eating the garlic is that once you get over the  problem you have no one around you to use it  >:-)
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum