Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Sky Broadband  (Read 1971 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Sky Broadband
« on: July 19, 2006, 11:58 »
Details of Sky Broadband are here.

For people who already subscribe to Sky television, this looks like an impressive deal.  In fact, it's a pretty impressive deal even if you don't subscribe to Sky television.

Unfortunately, the new network won't be available in my area for a few months yet, but when it arrives I intend to sign up unless another company produces an even better offer.

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Sky Broadband
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 13:23 »
I also had a letter today but it's not available here either.

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
Sky Broadband
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 14:33 »
The last line is the bit that I don't like.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Sky Broadband
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 13:22 »
TalkTalk drops price of 'free' broadband

TalkTalk has dropped the price of its 'free' broadband and phone package by a pound just a day after it was told it couldn't use 'free' in its advertisements.

The combined phone and up to 8Mbps broadband now costs £19.99 a month: £8.99 for the call package which now excludes unlimited international calls and £11 for the line rental. People wanting the international calls package will need to pay £1 more a month.

TalkTalk has also waived the £29.99 start-up fee for the service, launched in April and already boasting more than 340,000 sign-ups. Instead it now says a £29.99 modem is optional, but recommended "due to compatibility with our service".

Yesterday, the Advertising Standards Authority rapped the company over the use of 'free' in its ads because it felt the 'free' element was actually an essential part of the broadband and phone package.

The ASA ruled the TalkTalk ads misleading. It told the company the claim must be removed and to seek Committee of Advertising Practice Copy Advice before using 'free' in future advertising.

In a statement TalkTalk said: "We thank the ASA for its thorough investigation and its ruling that TalkTalk can continue to invite customers to sign up for free broadband."

"We will now be offering customers free broadband with our existing Talk 3 package for its existing monthly charge of £8.99. This does not include unlimited international calls to 28 countries but it does include unlimited calls to UK landlines. As this is an existing tariff, broadband will be referred to as free."

The move comes just two days after Sky launched its free broadband offer.

http://www.talktalk.co.uk

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Sky Broadband
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 20:10 »
If it looks too good to be true - it probably is.  :|
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline PhilTheFish

Re: Sky Broadband
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 16:19 »
I've had Sky BB for around 2 weeks.....EXCELLENT!!!!

I'm on the mid package....£5 a month for a 4Meg connection and a 40G dL limit. I was with Orange previously and their connection was pathetic.

I already have Sky TV so it suited me just fine.

Phil

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 17:03 »
Lucky you, Phil.  :)

It's not in my area either.  Freeview isn't even in my area either.  :(
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline GSS

• Loyal Member
    • artzone4u.com
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 11:57 »
i was think what Simon  said
If it looks too good to be true - it probably is.  :|
www.artzone4u.com

banner coming soon

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 14:32 »
Still waiting for it to be rolled out in the West Midlands too.  Since we already have Sky TV, it should be ideal for us.

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum