Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Rumours spread of Google Phone  (Read 953 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Rumours spread of Google Phone
« on: March 20, 2007, 09:11 »
Search giant said to have staffed up to unveil powerful, productivity-minded multifunction handheld

Chatter about Google getting behind a powerful portable computing device and wireless phone is heating up. Rumours have been spreading for the past two weeks about a slim, tablet-like phone possibly dubbed "Switch" to be jointly developed by Google and Samsung, who Google already have a mobile content partnership with. Google had remained mum on the speculation, however.

Now, a report originally attributed to Noticias.com seems to indicate that Google's Iberian chief may have let the cat out of the bag and confirmed that Google is in fact entering the wireless hardware and software space directly. The executive was quoted as saying that Google developers are in fact at work on such a product.

Sources moving the speculation forward have pointed out that Google has been building up its mobile roster for years now, having made several acquisitions in 2005 which set the stage for the company to launch its own integrated product for connectivity and business presentations. By purchasing companies such as Android, Skia, and Reqwireless, Google added a number of developers and engineers with proven wireless experience, as well as some next-generation technologies well-suited to a high-end portable phone and productivity device. Reportedly Google's acquisition of Skia, which had been developing presentation software targeted at small screens and vector graphics output, encouraging scalability across a wide variety of form factors.

Google representatives have not officially confirmed the reports of a new product launch or partnership.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Rumours spread of Google Phone
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 17:03 »
I wonder how long it will be before Google eventually takes over the World?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline DJ

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 20:37 »
I wonder how long it will be before Google eventually takes over the World?

Think it scheduled for January 2009  ;D

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 14:58 »
Think it scheduled for January 2009  ;D

some interesting results if you search for that.. google take over world

http://googleworlddomination.com/
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 20:37 »
:nerves:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 22:10 by Michelle »
Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum