Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Google unveils UK payments system  (Read 626 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Google unveils UK payments system
« on: April 13, 2007, 08:39 »
Search giant Google has launched its payment service, Google Checkout, in the UK. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6549643.stm

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Re: Google unveils UK payments system
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 09:41 »
I hope it is successful.  The only online payments system I use right now is Paypal, because of eBay.  It's fraught with perils and I've noticed I get a lot of spam which seems to originate from either my use of Paypal or eBay (both are the same company, really).  I'd much rather use a more secure system like the one Google seems to be offering.  I shall be monitoring its progress and see how it settles down.

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Google unveils UK payments system
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 01:50 »
Looking at spam, as many will know on here, I am totally opposed to the evil of democracy.

Unfortunately, last year (when my son was at home and answered the door) I was caught out by the brainwashed from the Council, who are so desperate to get people to vote they bang on the doors of those who haven't registered to vote with the threat of a £1000 fine if you don't register.  I hardly ever had any mail for three years until then, except for bank statements, legitimate bills etc.  Now, since going on the register of the brainwashed, I get all sorts of sh1t coming through my letter box.

Spam isn't only online.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum