Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: So slow  (Read 2730 times)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re: So slow
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 11:13 »
A couple of runs should be ok, doesnt it do about 11 different tests and then keep running until you tell it to stop ?
Not used it for a long time.

Offline gmax

• Established Member
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 11:18 »
Test overnight (your computer's not doing anything else at night anyway, why not be absolutely sure your RAM is good? )

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 14:18 »
i use everest for most of my testing it seems to do a decent job

it can benchmark most of the system

if you look around the net you can get it for free

http://www.lavalys.com/
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline Argee

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 09:25 »
I bit the bullet, formatted and did a clean install. All back to normal speed so far. Thanks for all the suggestions - much appreciated. :)

Ray.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 10:05 »
It's a shame we never found out what it was, but good to hear everything is back to normal, Ray.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Argee

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 09:16 »
The problem returned after eight days, but this time accompanied by the sort of "click" that occurs during start-up, followed by the sound of one of the two SATA drives spinning up.

A little more digging and I was fairly sure that I either had a faulty MB or an intermittent power supply. I'd not had a SATA power cable problem before, but there's always a first time. I've now replaced the PS (500W) and haven't had a problem so far.

Ray.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum