Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Just built New PC - HAVING PROBLEMS - HELP!!!  (Read 3631 times)

Offline Moreno

Just built New PC - HAVING PROBLEMS - HELP!!!
« on: February 09, 2007, 14:02 »
Hi Guys,

Am having a major problem.

I have just built my new pc using the follwoing motherboard (ASrock 775Dual-vsta) and have one CDRW and one DVDRW connected. I also have two normal IDE Hard drives connected and one SATA. I have installed a nice graphics card and the soundblaster audigy unit.

Basically I have gone to power her up and the fan starts and automatically just turns off. I see both the CPU fan and graphics card fan start but then straight away just turn off.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re: Just built New PC - HAVING PROBLEMS - HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 18:48 »
I recently bought 2 of those motherboards from ebuyer in the same order.

One is in this pc that I am using at the moment and I havent had any problems with it.

The second that I got was for a friends pc that I built up a week later.
That had the same problem as you describe and turned out to be a faulty motherboard  :(

To check if its anything else, it could be that the CPU heatsink isnt seated properly and the CPU is overheating and shutting the pc down, disconnect all your hard drives, floppy and CD/DVD from the motherboard.

You just want your mouse, keyboard, graphics card, monitor and ram connected, no other cards or peripherals.

Check that the CPU and its cooler are fitted correctly and start the pc up and go into the bios.
If it runs ok you can add the other drives one by one and see if that stops it running.

If its not the CPU/Heatsink then I think it will possibly be a bad batch of motherboards that have gone out.
Ebuyer verified that the one I returned was faulty and refunded my money.

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 10:33 »
Sandra, are there times when you wished you hadn't bothered.  ::)
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 11:52 »
You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink, as they say Tony  :)

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 12:42 »
I reckon it's bad manners not to post feed back, when someone has been decent enough to offer advice. But I'm from the old school I guess, whipper snappers these days want their @rses tanning  :o:
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 12:52 »
I totally agree, Tony.  Not to mention a reply being polite, it could also help other members with similar problems, to know that the answer we gave was right (or wrong, but that never happens with Sandra ;) )

That said, Moreno has replied to other threads, so I guess this one just slipped quietly past, and most things are forgiveable here.  :)

Just wait 'till next time he posts!   :devil: 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 20:12 »
Still reckon it was the 4 pin power supply connector that wasn't connected  ;D when I built my last pc, I left that off and had exactly the same problem as merono  :blush:

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 10:14 »
I've had major problems with asus motherboards. I will not buy another. Nowadays I just stick mainly with gigabyte or foxconn. When i ran the shop my distributors suggested that we buy those brands mainly because of their price, great RMA, and lack of issues.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 10:18 by Reno »

Offline gmax

• Established Member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 11:51 »
I've had major problems with asus motherboards. I will not buy another. Nowadays I just stick mainly with gigabyte or foxconn. When i ran the shop my distributors suggested that we buy those brands mainly because of their price, great RMA, and lack of issues.
:o I'm surprised to read that, i've had a good run with Asus motherboards and video cards, my last pc i used a P4C 800E deluxe, now i'm using a A8N SLI Deluxe .Both
have been rock solid, but i have heard that Asus RMA can be a painful experience.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum