Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: EastEnders tops 2007's TV ratings  (Read 5943 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Re: EastEnders tops 2007's TV ratings
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2008, 14:08 »
I'd like to think that television was about educating and bringing us new ideas as well as entertainment.  Sadly, entertainment seems to be the priority, and it's not very good entertainment at that.  If only the executives would put the same resources into more stimulating and informative programmes.  It seems as if Open University-type broadcasts are the only sort of television I like nowadays.

Except for Strictly Come Dancing, but we all have our weaknesses :) .
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 15:11 »
Bring back 'The Ascent of Man' - it's what television was invented for!
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2008, 17:09 »
soap stars arent real life people, they are poor actors who act out poorly written scripts.
I know that people send babyclothes to the TV studios when the plot has someone in who is pregnant and when I lived in Washinton my MP was the idiot who stood up in the house of commons and demanded that Deirde should be freed.

Ofcourse Soap stars aren't real life people and anyone who thinks they are are truly simple minded but as regards poor actors and poorly written scripts you are in the minority here, Sandra.

Not every episode is great but there are some really fine actors and there have been exceptionally well written scripts down through the years.  You have to take it as what it's meant to be and enjoy it for what it is.

As for Lost, and prisonbreak, they started off being interesting then ended up so farcical, even the actors can't believe just where Lost is going. I haven't watched Jericho so can't comment. 

Your taste in television and mine strongly differ as I would never sit all morning watching little cars going round and round a race track.  Now that's what I really call BORING. :P

http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2008, 17:17 »
I would never sit all morning watching little cars going round and round a race track.  Now that's what I really call BORING. :P

Watch rugby, Lona, 30 men piling into each other is much more fun. ;)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2008, 17:45 »
Watch rugby, Lona, 30 men piling into each other is much more fun. ;)

Only sport I watch is Wimbledon, snooker and I like a good boxing match, especially if it's Ricky Hatton.

Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2008, 17:51 »
If you watched rugby, you'd get it all in one sitting. ;)
Slainthe!

Rik

Online Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2008, 17:52 »
Yes, even new balls in the interval!   :o ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2008, 17:53 »
That was very nearly true in one France v England match - a player had to be take to hospital to have his scrotum re-attached...  :nerves:
Slainthe!

Rik

Online Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2008, 17:59 »
:eeek:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2008, 18:12 »
It made my eyes water!  :o
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2008, 20:03 »
It made my eyes water!  :o

Are you sure it was your eyes.  ::) ::) ::)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2008, 00:46 »

Your taste in television and mine strongly differ as I would never sit all morning watching little cars going round and round a race track.  Now that's what I really call BORING. :P

If I was watching the same people in the same cars at the same track for as many hours a week, each week, for all year and every year like the soaps are shown, plus the omnibus editions and the specials showing the funerals and weddings etc from years gone by, then I would probably have got fed up with them by now too Lona.

A maximum of around 40 hours viewing per year of racing, approximately 17 races of around 2 hours each, a year doesnt get the chance to be repetative or unexciting, apart from the Monaco GP of course  ;D

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2008, 01:11 »
Wee cars running round a track is very repetative.  Exciting to some but Boring to others.   :devil:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum