Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Broadband drives Brits mad  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Broadband drives Brits mad
« on: January 25, 2008, 13:59 »
The frustration of setting up broadband at home and calling customer service departments is enough to drive Brits around the bend.

A study has found that a quarter of people in the UK are frustrated by the service offered to them by their ISPs, with one in five having to contact their provider at least three times to resolve problems.

O2's broadband division surveyed 1,500 surfers from around the UK and found that more than half had lost their temper with their PC due to broadband problems.

"It's clear from previous studies and backed up by this research that UK broadband customers have low overall satisfaction and are not having an easy ride when it comes to set up, maintenance and customer support of their service," said Sally Cowdry, marketing director at O2 UK.

And despite many people saying that they were disappointed in the speed of their service, more than half admitted that they didn't know their actual connection speed.

www.o2.co.uk/broadband

Offline sam

• Administrator
Re: Broadband drives Brits mad
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 14:28 »
doesnt this say.... "but dont worry, here at O2 we care"
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Re: Broadband drives Brits mad
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 16:52 »
Hope so, Sam; I've just switched to them.  I must say, setting up was a doddle and I'm delighted with the service so far.

:)
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum