Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Parts for next machine: give me a yay or nay  (Read 2242 times)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re: Parts for next machine: give me a yay or nay
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 01:29 »
Nice specs but wouldnt you be better off with faster ram seeing as your mobo and cpu are 1333fsb ?

The Coolermasters are nice cases but I would rather have space for more hard drives so that I could add hard drive coolers to them, that arrangement would only enable you to have one cooler fitted to one drive if you had 2 drives in the bottom cage, no room for a 3rd drive so youd have to use the internal 3.5 above the main cage which again wouldnt have room for a hard drive cooler if you wanted 3 drives. I have 4 in mine at the moment.

The power supply is a good one but only has a 4 pin CPU power connector, some CPUs now want an 8 pin one so that it takes 4 pins off each 12v rail.
I had to get a special adaptor to convert my 4 pin to the 8 pin type so would always look for a 2 x 4 or 8 pin PSU in future.

Offline gmax

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 08:23 »
That COOLER MASTER case has decent cooling, nothing to be gained by cluttering it with hard drive coolers!
Is there any spec that says running at a normal temperature will hurt the drive?, save your money.

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 10:12 »
Gmax,

This last week I purchased a 650W coolmaster PSU and fitted it on Friday PM and took it out on Saturday AM because it was like sitting next to a vacuum cleaner  >:( I have now raised an enote with ebuyer for a return?

Hope this helps as coolmaster have a bad reputation on noisy PSU's I have just found out?

Terry  ;)

Offline gmax

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 13:39 »
If i was to buy a new PSU i would get a "Corsair CMPSU-620HX 620W" :)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum