Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Remote assistance Required Wont Work  (Read 2471 times)

Offline Kaz

• Im getting There Slowly But Surely
Remote assistance Required Wont Work
« on: February 19, 2008, 16:09 »
Hi Everyone,
my Remote Assistance on Windows Live Messenger wont work, has anyone else come across this problem, it is the first time I have used this and have looked at all the usual things that may be blocking ie anti virus-spybot etc is there any setting anywhere that need to be adjusted I have googled this but nothing comes to light any help please would be appreciated as always

Thanks

When you stop having dreams and ideals -- well, you might as well stop altogether.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Remote assistance Required Wont Work
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 17:26 »
So, you've sent an invitation to someone, they have accepted, they are also using WLM, and have allowed it in their firewall, yes?  If you've ticked all those boxes, and it still won't work, I would guess Sandra would be the best one to help you, as she probably uses it more than most here.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Kaz

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 18:03 »
Hi Simon
I have requested assistance from my end and I think I have allowed it from my end I have allowed it from my end will check about the other end any help I can get on this would be greatly appreciated as usuall
Thanks

When you stop having dreams and ideals -- well, you might as well stop altogether.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 00:30 »
It can be a bit tricky on some pcs.
The email option seems to work more reliably for some reason although I havent used that one myself.
You need to check that both pcs have the correct permissions and that the firewall/s are allowing RA.

Which OSs are the pcs using that are host and client ?

Offline Kaz

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 08:02 »
Hi Sandra
I haven't got all the info yet will get back to you when I have thanks for the help

Offline Kaz

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 17:35 »
Hi Sandra,
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you, but when I had this problem I was away, I didn't solve the problem with Windows live messenger so what I have done is downloaded LogMeIn and it works a treat with no problems at all, Iv use it a couple of times now and it's just fantastic how it works so Ill stick with this for now
Thanks for the help again

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum