Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Dead or Stuck Pixels?  (Read 1684 times)

Offline thegallery

Dead or Stuck Pixels?
« on: June 09, 2008, 01:25 »
Dell chat support tried to tell my friend that a dot the size of a felt tip pen is a single dead pixel and not warrantied.. But this looks like a lot more than one dead pixel.

Yet it's all in once place? I thought dead pixels would be random. Are they just 'stuck'? and what's the difference?

TKS

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re: Dead or Stuck Pixels?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 01:54 »
A dead pixel is one that doesnt light up and is always dead and in the same place.
Some people say that they can be revived sometimes by gently rubbing the area but I havent had one to try myself.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 08:08 »
Sandra is right.  I have a small LCD TV that has a couple of dead pixels and they are always in the same place.   They are red in colour.  Could it be a graphics card fault?

Offline thegallery

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 04:07 »
These a just black all the time. It looks like about 6 pixels to me... one up top, two in the middle, and three on the bottom. What do you think? It's that dark spot to the right of the mouse tip. though I'm not sure if the pattern captured by the digital camera is just a moire effect or pixels themselves.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 08:57 »
That is just what my dead pixels look like.  I understand that manufacturers do not consider just a couple of dead pixels to be a valid reason to reject a monitor.  Personally I disagree with them!   

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum