Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: RIAA ‘MediaSentry’ owner hired by China  (Read 2243 times)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re: RIAA ‘MediaSentry’ owner hired by China
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2008, 00:51 »
They said today that its costing China £20 billion to stage this years olympic games.
Given that materials and labour there are cheap, how much is it going to cost us in 2012  :o
No government project has come in at less than twice the original estimate for a few decades now. With inflation up, materials up, oil prices up I wouldnt be surprised to see it costing us £40 billion by then, thats a complete waste of money in my opinion   >:(

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2008, 01:03 »
Ok £$40 Billion but the government is getting at least 40% of that back  :devil:

Worth every penny in my opinion.

Think of the revenue generated and even if it doesn't pay for it's self i still think it will be worth it to put the UK back on the world map.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2008, 01:21 »
Nowhere has recovered the costs of hosting the olympics in the last few decades. Any profits go to the private companies that got the contracts to build the stadia and facilities. Even the oft quoted excuse of having world class sports facilities left for the public to use afterwards doesnt wash, as the host country cant afford to maintain them. Even the Sydney stadia and olympic villages have fallen into disrepair and are unuseable now  ::)

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2008, 21:31 »
didn't montreal only just finish off paying for it...
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2008, 22:09 »
This is an interesting article on Olympic costs...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4653491.stm

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2008, 02:32 »
As I said earlier, its going to cost us loads, why didnt the bloody French win it, at least theyd have probably done a better job and been able to do it cheaper than we will ::)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum