Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Yahoo offers free music to searchers  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Yahoo offers free music to searchers
« on: September 18, 2008, 21:52 »
Yahoo has added a new tool to its search facility that lets you listen to full-length music tracks without having to pay.

According to Yahoo, the new music service is designed to provide people with "instant music gratification".

"It's happened to all of us. You hear a song on the radio that you really like or a tune gets stuck in your head and you just have to hear it again as soon as possible," said Michael Spiegelman, head of Yahoo Music, writing in Yahoo's company blog.

With full music playback, Yahoo said that surfers won't have to go and fish out a credit card before downloading a song just to hear it.

To listen to a song, search for an artist and on the right-hand side you'll get the option to "Play Full-Length Tracks". Click on a song and a box at the bottom will appear giving you the option to play and pause a track.

For example, to listen to Sex on Fire, the new UK number one from Kings of Leon, just type the artist or group or the name of the song and, along with the search results, Yahoo also gives you the option to listen to the track.

Spiegelman said that Yahoo wants to remove "the barriers that prevent people from clicking play and hearing music online".

According to Yahoo, people can listen to 25 free full-length tracks every 30 days, then listen to an unlimited number of 30-second samples until the next month begins.

www.yahoo.co.uk

Offline sam

• Administrator
Re: Yahoo offers free music to searchers
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 22:40 »
not sure I could see that option when I just tried it...... last.fm does this quite well anyway..
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 22:52 »
As it's Yahoo, you probably have to register, and become a spam magnet.   ::)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 23:31 »
not sure I could see that option when I just tried it...... last.fm does this quite well anyway..

It's in the menu on the left of the screen Sam.

As it's Yahoo, you probably have to register, and become a spam magnet.   ::)

That may be true but I am already registered to receive all their spam.   :D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 23:40 »
 :woot:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum