Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Happy Birthday!  (Read 473 times)

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
Happy Birthday!
« on: November 02, 2008, 11:46 »
                                                                                  Happy Birthday!

One man was explaining to another why he fired his secretary:

Two weeks ago, it was my 45th birthday, and I wasn't feeling too hot when I got up that morning anyway. I went into my breakfast knowing that my wife would be pleasant and say "Happy Birthday" and probably have a present for me, but she didn't even say "Good Morning." I said,"Well,that's a wife for you, the children will remember." The children came into breakfast and didn't say a word.

When I started to the office, I was feeling very low and despondent. As I walked into my office, Janet said, "Good Morning, Boss... Happy Birthday." Then I felt a little better that someone remembered.

I worked until noon. About noon she knocked at the door and said, "you know, it's such a beautiful day outside, and it's your birthday. Let's go out to lunch - just you and me ". So I said, "That's the best thing I've heard all day. Let's go". We went to lunch. We didn't go to the place we usually went to. Instead we went to a little place in the country, which was more private.We had two martinis, and lunch was tremendous. We enjoyed it a lot.

On the way back to the office, she said,"You know, it's such a beautiful day. Do we have to go back to the office?" I said, "No, I guess not". She said, "let's go over to my apartment and I'll fix you another martini".

We went to her apartment. We enjoyed another martini and smoked a cigarette. She said, "If you don't mind, I think I'll go into the bedroom and change into something more comfortable." I said," OK" as I didn't mind a bit.

She went into the bedroom, and in about five minutes she came out of the bedroom carrying a large birthday cake, followed by my wife and children, and they were all singing "Happy Birthday." And there I sat with nothing on but my socks.
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Re: Happy Birthday!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 11:48 »
Communication is such a delicate art.  :laugh:
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Happy Birthday!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 12:03 »
 :thumbs:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum