Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: x to Windows 7?  (Read 482 times)

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
x to Windows 7?
« on: June 26, 2009, 04:05 »
Since the powers that be are talking about selling win7 at $120 or i imagine ~60 pounds I wanted to find out what people here use for an os and see if anyone here is actually planning to upgrade.

With the help of bittorrent I grudgingly switched to vista a year or two ago to take full advantage of my quadcore machine. The first week I spent disabling UAC and all the extra security crap that m$ built into it. Since vista actually runs pretty smooth when you remove all the junkware I myself don't plan to upgrade. The need just isn't there. The only thing I've seen new with windows 7 is the new ability to use a touch screen.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 04:11 by Reno »

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Re: x to Windows 7?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 06:51 »
I've no intention of upgrading.  Having spent so long learning to live with the limitations of Vista (has anyone else here tried to use Inkscape on Vista  :icon_chuckpc: ?) I've no desire to repeat the experience with another M$ product before I have to.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 11:09 »
I have no intention of using windows unless I have to. I expect that the laptop I'm about to buy will come with Vista but i wouldn't pay for /probably wont even use it. Windows 7 - I wouldnt' touch it with a barge pole.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 11:19 »
I'd like to at least try Windows 7, so I can judge it for myself, but I'd want a spare machine, and for it to not cost anything.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum