Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Account Password Reset Procedures a Joke  (Read 744 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Account Password Reset Procedures a Joke
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 01:49 »
It's frightening isn't it?  I had a call yesterday from a company I deal with online.  The first thing he did was call me by my first name, which got my back up for a start.  Who am I, his best friend?  He then said that he needed to verify that I was the account holder, so asked me for the first line of my address.  I refused to give it, and pointed out that he called me, at which point he stated "Well, we can't give you any information unless we can verify who you are."  Bloody cheek!  I told him I never asked him to call, and haven't asked for any information, and if there's a problem with my account, send a letter.  He started to waffle on, so I told him I was very busy, and hung up.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 08:34 »
What really p**ses me off is these utility companies who use 0870 numbers and then cost you about thirty pence by spending three minutes asking "security" questions.  I wouldn't be phoning the scrounging ba5tards if I hadn't got the bill which they have f***ed up (like billing me for the WRONG water meter) in front of me would I?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 12:48 »
Yes, I do feel that chargeable phone queueing systems (where they are probably told to allow all calls to wait for a given time, to maximise profits), should be banned.  I bet if the companies were paying for the calls, you'd be finished in under a minute!
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 12:56 »
Say no to 0870. ;)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 12:58 »
Indeed.  :)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum