Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Builders  (Read 776 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Builders
« on: August 30, 2009, 16:45 »
A young family moved into a house next door to an empty plot.

One day a construction crew turned up to start building a house there. The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and started talking with the workers.

She hung around and eventually the construction crew, all of them rough diamond types, more or less adopted her as a kind of project mascot. They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important.

At the end of the first week they even presented her with a pay envelope containing £5. The little girl took this home to her mother who said all the appropriate words of admiration and suggested that they take the money she had received to the bank the next day to start a savings account.

When they got to the bank the clerk was equally impressed with the story and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own wage packet at such a young age.

The little girl proudly replied, "I worked all last week with a crew building a house."

"My goodness gracious," said the clerk, "and will you be working on the house again this week, too?"

The little girl replied, "I will if those useless bads at B & Q ever deliver the fg plasterboard"
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Re: Builders
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 17:07 »
You just can't get the suppliers anymore. ;D
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 19:53 »
Brilliant joke!   ;D

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 21:43 »
Lucky it wasn't a kitchen on order from B&Q (DAMHIKT)

:cussing:
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 21:55 »
Problems, Gill?  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 23:52 »
After having a new kitchen on order from B&Q for two years, they eventually refunded me...

...but they refunded me twice over!  ;D

Utter incompetence.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 23:53 »
Result!  ;D

Offline David

• Loyal Member
  • http://Wormdive_2
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 23:07 »
Isnt it great when this happens   :thumbs: Gill

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum