Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Sir Terry Wogan bids farewell to show  (Read 2821 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Sir Terry Wogan bids farewell to show
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 19:35 »
Possibly true.  ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Serenity

• Loyal Member
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 17:16 »
Well I am pretty disappointed in the Chris Evans' breakfast show  ::) I absolutely loved Wogan and his sidekicks who all fed off each other with the banter and innuendoes etc...  Evans has practically picked up his drive time show and plonked it into the morning slot which isn't really working IMO along with that reeeeely annoying twit of an accomplice.. Jonny Saunders  :ack:

What are your thoughts?

« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 17:18 by Serenity »

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 17:27 »
I think I'll have tortilla stuffed with Quorn pieces for tea tonight :) .

Oh, sorry - when it comes to Chris Evans I can't say I'm surprised you're disappointed.  I'm not partial to either Evans or Wogan, so I can't compare and contrast.  However, I thought it was a bit optimistic to expect a leopard such as Chris Evans to change his spots.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 17:42 »
I can't stand listening to drivel, so I talk to myself instead. ;D
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Serenity

• Loyal Member
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 17:48 »
The reason I got into Radio 2 in the first place years ago was because I couldn't stand to listen to commercial radio with all those endless adverts!   :hammer:  

« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 17:59 by Serenity »

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 18:37 »
I have never been a fan of Chris Evans and cannot understand what the BEEB were thinking by putting him on Radio 2 in the first place!  Wogan could be very funny on times.  To me, radio was his natural habitat.  I also hate commercial radio.  The repetitious adverts drive me mad! 

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 18:40 »
I have never been a fan of Chris Evans and cannot understand what the BEEB were thinking by putting him on Radio 2 in the first place! 

They were being the wonderful trend-setting managers they think themselves to be, Clive.

Wogan could be very funny on times.  To me, radio was his natural habitat.  I also hate commercial radio.  The repetitious adverts drive me mad! 

Agreed on both counts, Sue likes to have Classic FM on, but knows that I don't appreciate it. I either listen to Radio 3, or my own music library.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 18:51 »
I cannot abide advertising, especially on the radio.  I usually listen to either the Today programme on Radio 4 or the breakfast programme on Radio 5 Live - but there's only so much Nicky Campbell I can stomach (eight seconds, roughly).  Once I'm fully awake I normally switch on my MP3 player and either listen to podcasts or recorded radio shows.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 19:00 »
(eight seconds, roughly).

That much, Gill.  :o
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 19:05 »
It takes me about 8 seconds to reach across to the radio in a somnolent haze, locate the radio, and locate the Radio 4 button.  If I can do it within 8 seconds I treat myself to a second snooze in bed.  Any longer than 8 seconds and I'm usually so irritated that I might as well get up anyway.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2010, 19:08 »
Him nor his sidekick on Watchdog - Julia Bradbury or something?  She's been sidelined to Country File because of her wrongdoings.  

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2010, 09:25 »
Has he nothing more important to say other than to talk about overpaid entertainers  ::)
He commented on Susan Boyle too for f***s sake.

Doesnt he know that we are under threat from mass uncontrolled immigration or that as a nation we are bankrupt and the silly pillock is giving billions away in foreign aid to people who would happily kill us all, while our pensioners are having to choose between eating and heating their homes  >:(

I cant agree more Sandra. 100% right!

This Country has really become pitiful. The entertainment on radio and television is crap and the Government weak and corrupt.
if you cant do something nice-do nothing!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2010, 12:57 »
I also liked Wogan, and will not listen to commercial radio because of the ads.  I've heard bits of the Chris Evans show, and wasn't all that impressed, but I guess it will take him a while to bed in to the role.  I've never really been a fan, though, and I can't see me listening to the show all that often.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum