Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Best Smartphone for IT: Blackberry vs. iPhone vs. Android  (Read 831 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
"The year 2009 was a dismal one for carriers and handset vendors alike. Sales were down, replacement cycles were way up and the trend of voice services (be they fixed or mobile) becoming a commodity continued unabated.

"Yet, in the worst economic climate since the Great Depression, the mobile market had one piece of encouraging news: smartphone adoption spiked.

"According to Gartner, smartphone sales were way up in 2009, representing 14% of the overall mobile market, an increase of 24% over 2008. Gartner believes that adoption will continue to trend upwards, culminating in smartphone sales surpassing PC sales by 2013.

"While problems such as security and expensive data plans may well bedevil the space, the fact remains that for IT the time to start planning for smartphones is now. With that in mind, we surveyed the smartphone landscape with one question in mind: which smartphone is the best one for IT? Here’s what we found

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/features/article.php/3860411/
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Re: Best Smartphone for IT: Blackberry vs. iPhone vs. Android
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 15:43 »
If I went down that route, I'm sure I'd go iPhone, but I really don't need the facilities since I spend the vast majority of my time near a computer.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Best Smartphone for IT: Blackberry vs. iPhone vs. Android
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 21:28 »
Good to see the BlackBerry coming out on top.  :thumb:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum