Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Anyone use Avast ?  (Read 3419 times)

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
Re: Anyone use Avast ?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 19:34 »
after looking around a bit it might be that your previous antivirus tool wasn't fully un-installed. You might need to use their uninstall tool - http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

Yes  it's possible the initial avast update didn't work properly and things have messed up from there. At the moment i seem to have got MSE working by doing a few *cough* windows updates as various windows files were out of date. OK i admit i've never updated until now and i ended up downloading and installing 80 of the troublesome things for my past sins. anyhow it seems to be updating the virus data base OK now (but it was last night as well), if it's broken again tomorrow i'll try the uninstall tool.

Cheers for the input chaps  ;)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 23:04 »
Also, did you say you have Zone Alarm installed too?  Often, two security programs don't run well together, so I would try just using the one, and see how you get on.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 10:31 »
Also, did you say you have Zone Alarm installed too?  Often, two security programs don't run well together, so I would try just using the one, and see how you get on.  :)

Simon I didn't think MSE included a firewall, there's certainly nothing in any of the MSE user options to indicate that there's a firewall at work.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 10:57 »
Sorry, I'm not sure, Dave, as I've never used it.  If there's no firewall in MSE, then ZA should be OK.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum