Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Heaven  (Read 489 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Heaven
« on: July 20, 2011, 22:20 »
There was once a husband and wife. They were going through a tricky divorce and had a real hatred for each other. One day, the man suddenly died. He went up to heaven where he met St. Peter at the gate.

The man said "I'm sorry, I know I was really mean to my wife but is there any chance you could still let me in?"

St. Peter say "Listen mate, none of that matters now, to get into heaven you just have to spell one word and that word is love"

The man replies "L-O-V-E" and he enters through the gate.

Suddenly St. Peter gets an urgent call from Jesus. He tells the man "Sorry, I have an urgent meeting to get to, you know how it works now, can you just watch the gate for me" and then he rushes off. The man stands there for a moment when suddenly his wife dies. She arrives at the gate and instantly says "Oh, what are you doing here?"

The man boastfully answers "Oh, haven't you heard, I'm St. Peters new best friend, I control all of heaven practically"

Still slightly shocked the wife says "I know I was really mean to you but please let me in to heaven"

The man replies"Don't worry, to get into heaven all you have to do is spell one word"

The woman say "Well great, what is it?"

And the man answers "Czechoslovakia"
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Re: Heaven
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 00:28 »
Of course, it no longer exists... :o:
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 02:03 »
Ach, but she could have walked straight past him into heaven.  After all, St Peter lost the gates when the 40 gypsies turned up ;D .
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 07:22 »
:hehe:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum