Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Microsoft "Protect your PC" Guide  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Microsoft "Protect your PC" Guide
« on: August 22, 2003, 14:47 »
After some severe damage caused by Blaster worm and its variants, many people are pointing fingers at the unawareness of home users. Experts are also questioning Microsoft's part in removing general users ignorance and urging Microsoft to take more steps in making people more aware of the security issues and begin improving the security of their computer.

As a result, Microsoft has increased its efforts in convincing its customers that using and upgrading certain software packages can help improve the security of their PC. Last day Microsoft released "Protect You PC" guide in which the vendor has emphasized on 3 steps to protect your computer. According to this guide, using an Internet Firewall, updating your computer through Windows Update and using Up-to-Date Antivirus Software are quite enough to make your computer secure. Microsoft has also provided three helpful videos that show you more about these steps.

A more advance guide is also released for IT Professionals to protect their systems.

Guide:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/default.asp

Professional guide:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/tips/pcprotec.asp

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Re:Microsoft "Protect your PC" Guide
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2003, 17:21 »
Chorleydave's Protect Your PC Guide:

Use Linux

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2003, 17:25 »
:lol:
Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2003, 17:58 »

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum