Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Digital Camera Web Cam prob  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Butterfly

Digital Camera Web Cam prob
« on: February 23, 2004, 02:01 »
:'( Second time typing this  :help:.......okay I have a Practika G2.0 Digital Camera and I have no problem using it as a camera....in fact it's a really cool wee thing  :).......but I do have a prob when trying to use it as a webcam....the picture is very dark.....so on the advice of a friend (you know who you are  ;)) I went into MSN messenger>tools>web camera settings......I adjusted the brightness to maximum.......this had very little effect so.......I went into digi cam > mode > night......this made the picture a little better but it had strange dots?  :wtf: I switched lights on, I switched lights off  :tony:, I had a nervous breakdown  :wahh: then I came to my pals for help. I wouldn't normally bother but the said friend, for reasons only known to themself, is desperate to see me on this camera  :slightlymad: so.........can someone please help me? (if only to shut said friend up! :slug:) now said friend is gonna disown me  :horror:
wave: The Elusive Butterfly  xxx

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:Digital Camera Web Cam prob
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 02:22 »
Its usually the basic camera settings that depict the quality of the image Flutterby  ;)
So set the camera up in its own settings first then see how it is on messenger  :)
Also make sure that you have a good light source from behind the camera shining towards yourself  :)

Offline Butterfly

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 04:18 »
Hi Sandra,
What you doing up at this time?  Okay I thought that might be the prob.....new light required me finks.....gawd if it's not one thing it's another with these 'puters.  You buy one piece of equipment....then you gotta buy accessories >:(......bit like us in that respect  ::)  :thanks: Sandra

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 08:47 »
I wouldn't normally bother but the said friend, for reasons only known to themself, is desperate to see me on this camera  

:dream:

Sorry if i was impatient but it was after 11  :yawn: and i just wanted to go to bed... :snooze:

Hey best of luck with your date, it must be the time of year or something... :o ;) ;D ;D

Offline Butterfly

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 10:37 »
Yeah Camstop :dream:.....said friend wears a skirt :P........eh what date?.....you know something I don't ;)   ;D

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 19:23 »
Butterfly  :)

I have the same problem as well, am using a Fuji fine pix 2800 zoom and want to use the video on it, its ok in broad day light but indoors or at night its no go.

I'm afraid unless you have a proper lighting feature for the camera you will have a problem.

Hookstar

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum