Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: ZA icon  (Read 1452 times)

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
ZA icon
« on: March 06, 2004, 13:22 »
Have just noticed that my little red & yellow zone alarm icon in the system tray no longer shows the red & green status bars for upload and download activity.

being paranoid could it be something on my system that doesnt want me to be aware of any activity, as i've also noticed that my connection is extremely slow by normal standards.

also norton did zap a virus last thursday night, think it was the netsky D.  did a full virus scan and got all clear after i had deleted it, but i hardly ever get a virus warning so it was quite a surprise.

Offline Robotochan

• Established Member
    • http://www.dollshouse91.fsnet.co.uk
Re:ZA icon
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 13:26 »
I get the ZA logo instead of the traffic when my connection is going REALLY slow or I am not downloading or uploading
b]Oxymoron: [/b]
2 words that when put together contradict one another

Example:
Microsoft Works

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 13:29 »

I get the ZA logo instead of the traffic when my connection is going REALLY slow or I am not downloading or uploading

thanks robotochan, i rebooted and its now working intermittently, but as i said the connection is soooo slow today.  could be the netsky virus and its variants slowing everything down.  >:(

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2004, 17:51 »

thanks robotochan, i rebooted and its now working intermittently, but as i said the connection is soooo slow today.  could be the netsky virus and its variants slowing everything down.  >:(

Why dont you do a virus scan with an online scan engine like Panda or Trend Housecall? Maybe a virus has interfered with your Anti Virus Prog.
if you cant do something nice-do nothing!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2004, 18:21 »
I would be very surprised if Norton has let Netsky, or one of it's variants in, as it's been updating like crazy over the last few days, but it wouldn't hurt to be on the safe side, Dave.

Maybe your ISP is just having a slow day?  I haven't noticed anything unusual myself.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2004, 18:24 »
Try running a scan in safe mode Dave with system restore turned off, takes longer than normal but its more thorough and stops anything being reloaded thats protected in System Restore  :)

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2004, 00:28 »

Try running a scan in safe mode Dave with system restore turned off, takes longer than normal but its more thorough and stops anything being reloaded thats protected in System Restore  :)

Will do boss. thanks   ;)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum