Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail Filter Update 2  (Read 903 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail Filter Update 2
« on: March 23, 2004, 20:00 »
Microsoft has released an update to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. This optional update provides the Junk E-mail Filter in Office Outlook 2003 with a more current definition of the messages that it should consider junk e-mail. By installing the update, you help the Junk E-mail Filter give you a higher level of protection against junk e-mail. Additional updates will follow.

Full download information:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=835235

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Re:Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail Filter Update 2
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 23:09 »
These filters in e-mail clients are a waste of time as far as I am concerned.  I just cannot see any point in diverting junk e-mail into a "trash" folder, from where it still has to be handled, when tiny programs like eprompter or mailwasher allow you to view the headers and delete junk on the server, before it ever reaches the PC.  ???

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 07:57 »

These filters in e-mail clients are a waste of time as far as I am concerned.  I just cannot see any point in diverting junk e-mail into a "trash" folder, from where it still has to be handled, when tiny programs like eprompter or mailwasher allow you to view the headers and delete junk on the server, before it ever reaches the PC.  ???

I agree 100%. I always use Mailwasher. I was lucky to get a copy when it was completely free, and it checks all mail including Hotmail and enables you to preview messages and delete what you dont want at the server end. It has saved me from many viruses.

:gofor:
if you cant do something nice-do nothing!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 08:03 »
For those who were not lucky enough to get the original free version of Mailwasher, there is Pop Tray, which is still free, and does the same job as MW.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum