Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Connection problems with my Creatix CTX712 wifi card  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Naruto

Hi peepz,

My connection keeps getting disconnected after a few minutes.
These are my options of my wireless card:
Adhoc Demo mode;
Authentication Algorithm;
Firmware Download;
Listen Interval;
Passive Scan dwell time;
Power save mode;
Preamble mode;
RTS treshold;

I don't know what to set.
Can anyone help me out pls?
Thx

Greet,

Wai-hung

Offline princeofdarkness

Re:Connection problems with my Creatix CTX712 wifi card
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 13:19 »
well freeserve disconnects once an hour or summat but not that much  :o

techie shud be here soon

Jonah
quot;Spirits damned to rot
Amidst the brimstone fireballs
Eyes of the dead
Watching from their living walls
Broken glass reflections
Show your flesh eaten away
Beyond the gates I'll take you
Where the blood forever rains"

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 13:30 »
I cant find anything out about your specific card, its not even listed on the Creatix site on either the German or the English one, although the German one did cover a few more products than the English one did.
I have looked on a few forums that came up during a search for your card but most were in French or in German and no one seems to have your specific problem, from what I could read of them, although the main problem seemed to be getting a connection at all, not disconnecting after a few minutes.
I would look in the Power Save Mode and makes sure thats disabled or set to user control or something like that as it may be disconnecting to save power after a set duration.
Other than that I cant really offer any more as I havent used a wi fi card myself  :(

Adept

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 16:21 »
How good is your signal strength Naruto? If it isn't above 50% you may get randon disconnects.

Sometime Wi-Fi devices can be improved by downloading new drivers/firmware. If Sandra couldn't find any mention of your card, drivers probably don't exist :(

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 16:26 »
I did see a couple of links for drivers while I was searching for the card but I didnt check those out as I was really looking for a manual or set up information for it Adept  :(

Offline Naruto

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 15:15 »
creatix ctx712 is an internal wlan card in my Medion notebook.
When i'm connected with an accesspoint at school, it says the signal is strong, but still it disconnects after prox. 30 seconds. It seems it is scanning for other accesspoints automatically. When my wlan card found other accesspoints, it will disconnect my current connection. I can't find the option to shut this off. Quite annoying :)
I just don't know the purpose/meaning of the advanced options.
But thank you anyway for your efforts.
Greetz,

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 15:26 »

When my wlan card found other accesspoints, it will disconnect my current connection.

I am not sure about this but reading what you have said, quoted above, it sounds like you may have to alter the Passive Scan dwell time perhaps.
If you look at what it is set at now and it is set at 30seonds or so that would possibly be the reason for it disconnecting after that time.
If you have the option to extend that time and it disconnects again at the time specified then that would point to it being the problem.
I am only guessing here , as I said I havent had the luxury of owning or using a laptop with a wi fi card  :)

Offline Bubble

• New Registration
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2004, 23:13 »
I have a Medion MD2837 laptop with Creatix CTX712 wlan, using Intersil Prism software. My first laptop was replaced after wlan stopped working after a few days. The replacement has worked perfectly for the last 6 months. My son has started using the laptop for games but after approx 10 mins the game just disappears leaving windows desktop. After a call to Medion support (waste of time) they said laptop not really meant for games (strange seeing as they only sold the machine in "TOYS R US") I tried going into bios and choose setup defaults. Now wlan doesnt work at all, ive tried everything, even restored machine using medion support cd. Looks like another 40 min wait on the phone to talk to tech support again.

Offline Naruto

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2004, 23:39 »
Hi Bubble,

Hmm..your wlan doesn't work at all?
Have you tried the Fn + F2 combination yet?
Maybe your son accidentally pressed the combination and that's why your wlan is disabled.
Press it again to enable it.

Greetz,

Offline Bubble

• New Registration
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2004, 23:54 »
Hi Naruto

Thanks a lot m8, your a star
just done as you said and its working fine again

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum