Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: weird noise comming from my tower!  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Re:weird noise comming from my tower!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2004, 20:20 »
Hi Jaminxz

I had a similar problem recently and it turned out it was the PSU unit that was on it's way out. Have you checked inside your case to see if it is clogged up with dust?. When I checked mine it was solid with dirt and the fan was not able to work properly. :)
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Jaminxz

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2004, 01:17 »
no,it's a bit late now hehe but tomorrowor when i get a chance i'll open up my baby ::)

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2004, 20:28 »
most ide hardrives last about 6 years, if they're running constantly, you can set the power management to turn off your hds after you being away from your comp for 10mins or more. Doing this will go along way to keeping your hd healthy.

If your hd just started to grind, and you decide to do nothing. Chances are the hd could last another 6 months or so, but you will notice it to start to slow down. Try going on ebay and finding a hd of around the same size and model. This way your reduce the chances of having to flash your mainboard because it won't except the bigger and newer model hd.

Ever have an old oscillating fan that started to slow down and make noises? Did your folks throw it out or just take some machine oil and lube it up? People do fix hds that are going it but it requires a clean room and specialized machinery. You can get your hd fixed probably for a 300-1200 bucks depending on how you want your information back. On cd or in a completely rebuilt hd.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum