Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: What a set of Tossers  (Read 7584 times)

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
Re:What a set of Tossers
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2004, 15:35 »

both hands on the key board cammy  ;) and pay attention , I first tried "Enoting" customer services AND THEN I tried raising a RMA number... go back to the begining of the thread and start again.

Or just point out exactly where I went wrong  ::)

Calm down  :P I was only saying how it was for me  ;D ;D ;)

How long has this dispute been going on for anyways coz i'd say give them at least 3 working days to reply to your RMA request  ::)

Then start kicking some a*s  :tony:  ;D ;)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2004, 16:06 »
I only had to send something back once Tony.
My boot drive on my server failed, I sent them an RMA request on the sunday evening, didnt get a reply until tuesday but that had an RMA number and details of how to send it back.
Posted it on wednesday and had the replacement drive either on the friday or maybe it was saturday, definately couldnt have been any quicker unless they had replied on the monday instead of tuesday  :)

Offline Barra

• Established Member
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2004, 17:05 »
Tony. where are you buting this Iiyama with 3 yr warranty from? Please don't say it's from Ebuyer.
My cousin bought one from them last year. when it arrived it was dead. He rang them and they asked/told him to ring Iiyama due to the 3 yr warranty. so he did. The warranty had run out 6 months previously so had been say in ebuyers warehouse at least 3 1/2 yrs. Back on to ebuyer. After many letters from my cousin, trading standards ets it was finally resolved a couple of days short of 1 yr.
img]http://www.sandrataylor.dsl.pipex.com/pennyfarthing_button.gif[/img]I'm back!

Offline Shaz

• Established Member
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2004, 17:24 »
:brick:All I can say is Id have had a nervous breakdown before now having to put up with such bad service :aarrgh:,hope you manage to get it all sorted Tony. ;)
een away but back with a vengence!!!!

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2004, 17:31 »
cammy you calm down........ I was only ribbing ya.....  ;D

Sandra, it would not be to bad if my RMA request had been accepted for "consideration" regards its validity. But I was AUTO refused consideration of a RMA, with the message

Return Instructions

This item should not be returned to Ebuyer.
On-site warranty is provided direct from CTX on: 01202 666 902
...... now GO AWAY .....

They ar trying to absolve themselves of their liabilities under the "Sale of Goods Act" and the "Seven Day Distance Selling Act".....we have got your money let somebody else sort it out....

No 6's post just mirrors what I'm saying, and the long list of peeps telling their tales of hassel, SHOULD be a warning to all to avoid this firm at all cost.

No 6 I was willing to upgrade to an Iiyama and pay the differance, with them dropping it off when they picked the faulty CTX up. But knowing what I know now, I'm just after my money back and goodbye Ebuyer for ever.
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2004, 17:40 »
Cheers Shaz,

the best one I ever had was when I turned up at a firm with a long running complaint [ faulty pram as it happens] Ignored for ages in reception.

Nipped out to the car, put it across the only  Factory entrance/ exit, It was Silver Cross Prams at Guiseley, a narrow entrance between to Victorian  mills  it was. By the workers were miffed when they could not get their cars out of the yard.

Got my complaint sorted....just like that.  ;D

Offline Barra

• Established Member
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2004, 17:40 »
No 6 I was willing to upgrade to an Iiyama and pay the differance, with them dropping it off when they picked the faulty CTX up. But knowing what I know now, I'm just after my money back and goodbye Ebuyer for ever.

The monitor was at my house for most of the time before they picked it up so, could you please go ahead and get the upgrade off them and check box to see if there's an odd black sock inside. I just can't find it anywhere :D
img]http://www.sandrataylor.dsl.pipex.com/pennyfarthing_button.gif[/img]I'm back!

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2004, 18:44 »

Tony. where are you buting this Iiyama with 3 yr warranty from? Please don't say it's from Ebuyer.
My cousin bought one from them last year. when it arrived it was dead. He rang them and they asked/told him to ring Iiyama due to the 3 yr warranty. so he did. The warranty had run out 6 months previously so had been say in ebuyers warehouse at least 3 1/2 yrs. Back on to ebuyer. After many letters from my cousin, trading standards ets it was finally resolved a couple of days short of 1 yr.

Thats not acceptable and the seller must take responsibility if it's DOA

Tony they are just chancing their arm mate, treat them with a firm hand  8) or 2 fingers at least  ;) ;D

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2004, 19:06 »
No 6    :lol:

cammy I will I will, a firm hand is the only thing that works with Tossers Edit: Or so I've been told ::)...............but its a lot of "fanning" about if you ask me   ;D

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2004, 20:23 »
UPDATE:

MONDAY: I get an email saying my Enote's have been answered.....sure enough it they have.........The no can do return monitor, has now become a .....yes you can put in a RMA request, if you agree with our terms and conditions.........ticket closed by Clive CS

Terms and conditions  7.5 state I arrange courier and pay for return of monitor. Just a minute Clive ......there's no speaking to Clive remember......because Clive CLOSED THE TICKET.

Now PlusNet use a ticket system of communication, but it is the customer who closes the ticket when he is happy the problem or the answers given by support solve the issue....Not Ebuyer obviously

Now I want to tell Clive I do not accept making a request for RMA approval based on condition 7.5 that is Ebuyers responcibility. So I have to open ANOTHER Enote, explaining same. Once posted, at the bottom of this new Enote it indicates this Enote is  going to be handled by BARRY.......Great!!!!!!!

My last Enote, was replied to and closed by Clive, before I could reply to his comments. Therefore I have had to open this new Enote, to reply to the comments

Just so as there is no miss understanding between Ebuyer and myself in regard to why I'm returning the monitor.

I wish to return the "faulty" CTX EX700F under the "Sale of Goods Act" as not fit for purpose, and as such want a full credit apportioned to my Mastercard Account. It is not being returned under the "Distance Selling Act" Therefore whilst I accept the terms and copnditions, the condition:-

>7.5 If you do not return the goods as required, the Supplier may charge you a sum not exceeding the direct costs of recovering the goods.<

Is not applicable, as the goods were delivered faulty, Ebuyer as the supplier of such faulty goods shall bear the cost of return of said goods.

Considering, what I have read in regards to Ebuyers appaling customer services, I withdraw my offer to upgrade to the Iiyama VM Pro 455. Indeed I know of a case where Ebuyer supplied a Iiyama that was three and a half years old, and dead on arrival, hence out of warranty [ I can post links to said details] Now I do not know if that monitor was purchased new or as "returned goods resold on by Ebuyer" All I do now is that it took just short of a year to resolve the issue, including the involvement of the Trading Standards Office.

In short I have lost all faith in this company, at this moment in time.

I then trundel of to the RMA request approval page........request submitted....sit back and wait.

TUESDAY:

Barry answers Enote.....and like Clive...makes no comment on my commets..but informs me my request for an RMA number has been accepted...go to RMA site ......arrange for an agent to deliver goods....make provision for their insurance..HELLO IS ANYBODY OUT THERE LISTENING

Right back to BARRY's world.....start penning my reply...as Barry has not closed the ticket yet.......you know I'm bloody sure they sit there reading the Enote's as you write em. Because when I went to submit it, it said I was not logged in. Bugger have I lost all that chapter and verse.....Nope I had saved it to a doc [for MasterCard you see] So I log back on, but before I can post the Enote, Barry's replied to the central underling gripe of the YET TO BE POSTED Enote...................

Dear Tony please go back to the RMA site again [they knew I'd been, but declined the invitation once already today] There you will find further instructions where you can inform us from which address the goods can be picked up from and at a time convient to yourself........I think it was the content of my last non posted Enote that made all the difference.

Copy Of:  Hi Barry,

You have not replied to my last enote.....no matter.

I see a RMA number has now been raised for the faulty monitor. However Ebuyer are requesting I arrange for a delivery agent, to return the monitor back to Ebuyer, at my expense.

Whilst I realise attempting to communicate with Ebuyer Customer Services is akin to talking to a brick wall. Because I will have to prove to Mastercard that I made reasonable attempts to communicate with Ebuyer, regard the return of said faulty monitor, I shall try one more time.

I shall repeat what I said in the Enote that you have failed to reply to, prior to the issues of the RMA number, and its instructions for me to arrange and bear the costs of return of the monitor.

Under the Sale of Goods Act, the supplier of faulty goods is responsible for arranging for the return of said faulty goods at their expense. There is no obligation on the customer?s part to arrange or bear such costs.

So I await Ebuyer contacting me about said arrangements, I will then label the goods up and have them ready for collection. I'm making copies of all communications or lack of it, between Ebuyer Customer Support and myself. Because as far as I'm concerned the ball is in Ebuyer?s court.  And if I hear nothing more from Ebuyer during the next three working days ending Friday 6th August, regards uplifting the faulty monitor. I will be putting my Mastercard payment into the dispute procedure, three days hence on Monday 16th August. And all further communications between your company and myself, will hence forth be conducted through Mastercard..

Regards

Now don't get me wrong I ain't being lulled into a false sense of security, I mean this is Ebuyer we are dealing with. Because in the next stage Ebuyer will not only have my money but the monitor also. And I bet sure as eggs is eggs there will be a dispute as to the CRT being faulty or not. Now a brand new tube displaying the discoluration of the viewable screen,in that mauve mixed with verying degrees of pink are clearly visible creeping in from the vertical edges of the tube, is in my book a faulty tube.

I'll keep you informed...once again I'm on the look out for a replacement monitor

Offline Barra

• Established Member
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2004, 21:16 »
I'm getting this strange sensation of deja vu

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2004, 22:49 »
Dont' say that No6, but you have obviously the edge on me as you know somebody they have put through the wringer. Incidently was the Iiyama bought as new or as used/ returned, and how was it paid for, cheque or credit card?

I'm being open minded about it, I've signed off the RMA collection Monday. Now if there is no problem with Ebuyer, then I'll risk buying off them again. I mean it is not Ebuyers fault the monitor is sub standard. But I do think they would do themselves a favour by improving their Customer Support, and stop trying to push their operating expenses onto their customers who have been supplied with inferior goods. Charge the manufacture for the additional costs, not the customer.

Offline Barra

• Established Member
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2004, 22:59 »
Hi Tony. bought as new with dent in box. Paid for with debit card. Mine i might add :(
Going to my cousins tomorrow to give him his £200 back as it happens :( :(

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2004, 15:37 »
Well seeing as that new £85 17" CTX Shadow Mask monitor was s**te, I went down the second user Ebay route again looking for "Trinitrons" ::)

I notice one guy had bought a Dell P791 and then went back for THREE more. So I emailed him, asking if they where, as I suspected "Trinitrons"  even though Dell's spec sheet ommitted to say they were or state they where "Aperture Grill" monitors. Well he turned out to be an Ex TV engineer, so he knew a good CRT when he came across one.

So I though right I'm bidding on one of them, watched one at the "Buy it Now" price £30, opening bid £10 with no takers. That was  untill the last day, a guy bids £10, plus there are two more at the "Buy it Now" price ending one and two days later respectively. Well I'm all geared up to sneak it at the end, but this guy had gone early, and was fighting everybody off. Well it got to 3 mins to close and the bid was £28, I thought bugger fighting this guy, I'm off to "Buy it Now" for £30.

Anyway the guy got beat in the end because some silly bugger paid a quid over "Buy it Now" price. ??? So the guy who had been bidding all day on it and lost, bought the last remaining "Buy it Now" one ;D

And whats it like, well they are advertised as Summer 2000 manufacture, but mine is a Jan 2001. The Ad says as "new" but to be honest mine needed a bit of cream cleaner on the casing, but then it was as new. And like the Ex TV engineer said, it is absolutely blooby superb.

So if your have a Shadow Mask CRT, but ain't had a Trinitron you don't know what your missing. A good 3.5 year old Trinitron at £42 delivered, will beat a brand spanking new £85 Shadow Mask anyday.

Edit: so if you want a good Trinitron at £30 or less + £12 P&P have a look at These

Offline Barra

• Established Member
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2004, 16:15 »
Glad you sorted your hardware out tony. I wouldn't mind one myself to replace the crap 'Tiny' one I have here but I'm sorta used to my 19" screen

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum