Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Lavasoft announces the launch of Ad-Aware SE  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Lavasoft announces the launch of Ad-Aware SE
« on: August 10, 2004, 07:20 »
Lavasoft, with its Ad-Aware technology, is widely known for delivering comprehensive and secure performance. Together with several newly developed techniques and our newly developed scanning technology Ad-Aware SE delivers heretofore unseen performance on both PCs and workstations. Just like in the past, where Lavasoft was one of the first to offer a comprehensive anti Spyware solution, we're proud to be the first again to offer a new generation, ground-breaking anti Spyware solution.

We would like to expand further on that statement and have therefore highlighted the key areas we have worked on during the past year to again further improve and ensure the protection of end-user desktops all the way up to the corporate and enterprise environment.

With Ad-Aware SE we show how to achieve modern, comprehensive anti Spyware protection.

Download from:

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/news/20040809.shtml

Offline Clive

• Administrator
Re:Lavasoft announces the launch of Ad-Aware SE
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 17:23 »
Putting my money where my mouth is, I sucessfully downloaded this new version of Ad-Aware and updated the reference files.  It even found a previously undetected tracking object.   >:(

Offline Hiatus

• JoshSalverda.com
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 17:58 »
It only found ONE cookie Clive???

I downloaded this and it found 192 infected files!  :D

DOWNLOAD THIS NOW!!!  :lol:
l33t h@x0r... sort of...

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 18:07 »
I use Cookie Wall to block all cookies apart from a selected few such as PC-Pals.  It's very rare for me to get infected with spyware.   ;D

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 20:14 »
Dloaded the new Lavasoft SE and I thought I was Clean  ;D it found 38  :o

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 14:43 »
I also installed Aaw SE yesterday, having first removed the previous version. Fairly predictable scan results - it found two essential cookies which had formerly been on my 'ignore' list and wigged out because MS IE is set to start with a blank page.  This a particularly annoying feature, since Firefox is my default browser.

Without having MS IE loaded, but with it still set to 'work offline', Aaw can not connect to look for updates until you load up MS IE and set it to 'work online'.

What with that and the removal of certain command line options, I'm left wondering how much of an 'upgrade' this version really represents.   :-\

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 14:45 »
:doh: :damn:  Did a scan, removed what it advised, and it screwed up Mozilla!  Had to reinstall Moz, after deleting mozz.dll, which Ad Aware reported as spyware.  Restore Quarantines?  Nope, already deleted them, and the problem didn't manifest until I booted up this morning.  Went onto lavasoft forums, and it seems it's a false positive, to add to the list, along with the 'about:blank' one.    ::)

Seems that AA:SE is not quite bug free, as they have already issued a new version, 1.02, which it will prompt you to download when you next check for updates.

Furthermore, I have now downloaded 2 corrupt versions from Download.com (Lavasoft's primary download site), and had to get it from Major Geeks.  :wtf:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 14:57 »
I have only one thing to say...  Firefox.   :whistle:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 15:24 »
I too have one thing to say, and it also begins with F...!   :P ;D ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum