Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: win 2k bsod  (Read 731 times)

Offline jman

• New Registration
win 2k bsod
« on: September 08, 2004, 20:04 »
Hi everyone,

I just installed a 56k modem on my pc. I am running win 2k prof. Now, when I try to connect to the internet this blue screen pops up that says STOP: a bunch of numbers and then physical memory dumping. I then have to restart my computer. Can anyone help?

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
Re:win 2k bsod
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 20:44 »
Hi jman and  :welcome:

I'm not a techie but...

Sounds like it may be a problem with the modem drivers and you would be best to get the latest ones from the manufacturers web site...

Also can you check in: Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager... and see if you have any yellow question marks or red X'es...

And can you tell us what make and model your modem is  :thumb:

That should keep you busy until a real techie turns up  ;)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 20:48 »
Hi jman and  

Is this a replacement modem, or the first time you've connected the PC to the Internet?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 21:37 »
jman sent me a PM (by mistake?), saying that the PC was given to him, but it didn't come with a modem, so he's put one in.

Jman, do you have a Firewall and Anti Virus protection installed?  If not, you may be getting the Blaster worm, or something similar, when you connect to the Internet.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum