Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Blast from the Past/ 5 1/4" floppy  (Read 729 times)

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
Blast from the Past/ 5 1/4" floppy
« on: September 28, 2004, 01:53 »
A friend of one of my uncles had some records that he needs; now stored on the old school floppies. He ask me if i could get his information of the disk for him.

Only problem is ive never had to deal with installing these. At first i thought they were just big versions of the 3 1/2"ers but ive plugged it up into place and the machine still says its not ready. Am i missing some forgotten peice of wisdom..  :P Please educate me on the ways they did it back in the olden days

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:Blast from the Past/ 5 1/4" floppy
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 03:22 »
Hi Bob, I think its a trip into the BIOS to enable B drive or set it to 5.25 as it wil be looking for another 3.5 floppy  :)

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
Re:Blast from the Past/ 5 1/4" floppy
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 04:13 »
i found three of the old ones in the attic and im pretty sure they've been there for about a decade so theres a very good chance their paperweights, but i already configured the bios the search for the 5.25s. My brother said something about the I/O not being configured right. Thats why i thought i might be missing something when all three of them kept saying device not ready or something to that effect. Im very close to saying fudge it because i never thought i would have to be fooling with these drives. Wasn't something i ever intended to get knowlegable about.  :-\

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum