Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: 5.10  (Read 874 times)

Offline twiggy

« on: December 25, 2004, 17:14 »
Can some one help? I have just got my 5.1 sound system so put my 5.1 sound card in (KOB C884-E) and because i wasn't connected to the internet it said it can't downlaod the drivers so i reset my computer while connected to the internet and it downloaded its own drivers. Now when i come to play a audio file i get this messege.

Bad DirectSound Driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. Eorror code: 88780078.

Now i do have the proper drivers from Kobian (Mercury) but i can't install them as the download has no installer with it. Tryed going threw add new hardware but its not picking it up as thre are already some drivers (which dont work) installed. How do i go about installing it?

Thanks Mark

Merry Xmas All

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:5.1
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 18:07 »
Hi Mark, go into the device manager and either uninstall the sound card from there and reboot and tell it where the correct drivers are when it says found new hardware or just double click on the sound card and then go to drivers and select update the drivers, again tell it where the new drivers are  :)

Offline twiggy

Re:5.1
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 15:26 »
Yeh thanks alread took a look at that didnt work so i just did a system restore and when turned comp back on of course it picked up the sund card and i had the drivers ready on my desktop ;D cheers any way.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum