Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: NQH-KISS-U  (Read 847 times)

Offline davypipes

NQH-KISS-U
« on: February 03, 2005, 14:39 »
nqh-kiss-u is the file i keep on seen poppping up in my diskettes!!! it fast shows up as a jpeg file then later on it changes to an .exe file??? what virus is this???? ive typed in that file name on the google search engine only to find no leads!!! the worst thing is that aafter some time my diskettes are becoming messed up somehow by this virus!everytime i try formatting them all i get is "windows cannot format this drive......close all programs that might be using the diskette fast ,then attempt to format again!!!??? at that time there is no file or program running on the diskette!!! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh >:(
anyone knows what this virus is???

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:NQH-KISS-U
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 20:17 »
Hi Davy,

Seeing as you didn't say, I have to ask the obvious - have you done complete virus and spyware scans of your computer?  If this is something loading with Windows, then it may be best to do both a virus scan, and a spyware scan, with Ad Aware and / or Spybot, in safe mode.  Come back to us if you've done that and are still having problems.  

:)

Ad Aware
Spybot S&D
Spyware Blaster
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:NQH-KISS-U
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 02:13 »
Looks like you have been attacked by the Lovelorn Worm  :(

Have a look here for info about it and how to remove it :

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100272.htm

It doesnt look like theres a simple way, a bit of reg editing involved but tread carefully and you should hopefully be ok  :)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum