Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: PCI USB2.0 Card Probs  (Read 704 times)

Offline dachs

• New Registration
PCI USB2.0 Card Probs
« on: November 26, 2005, 04:06 »
I have loaded a PCI USB2.0 Card into a computer using Win98SE.  The Wizard says the drivers are loaded and they can be seen in Device Manager.  When the computer is re-booted it finds the 'New Hardware' again and wants to install drivers.  How can I stop this from happening at each boot?  The card seems to work fine.

Dachs

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
PCI USB2.0 Card Probs
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 10:06 »
Hi Dachs and :welcome:

Have you tried the card in different PCI slots ?

Sometimes they can work fine in one and not in others, especially troublesome are ones installed to the one next to the AGP slot on some motherboards.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
PCI USB2.0 Card Probs
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 12:27 »
I had exactly the same thing happen on a Win98 machine the other week - I re-installed the drivers from the CD, and it was fine after that.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
PCI USB2.0 Card Probs
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 15:07 »
I know this might sound obvious, but are you (or is Windows) installing the correct driver?

I too had that on a Windows 98SE machine.  It was working, but everytime I rebooted it found new hardware.  Eventually, by taking it out of the slot and having a look at it, I discovered that Windows was installing a generic driver, when the hardware actually had an Acer Labs chip.  Once I had chosen the correct driver from the supplied CD it worked fine.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum