Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Just bought a new monitor...  (Read 8734 times)

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
Just bought a new monitor...
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2006, 06:48 »
Si

If you have a mouse with a scolling wheel, try using the key on the keyboard with the arrow facing up and scrolling with the wheel up and down.

Oh well as its early might as well go to work  8)

Quote from: "Simon"
This is what the 1280 x 1024 res looks like on mine.  As can be seen, there's plenty of space on the right hand side of the page, and if I get a magnifying glass, I can even read the text!    :shock:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2006, 11:40 »
Well, I've had a fiddle with some more settings, and managed to get the text size almost OK for most sites.  It does seem that the template we are using for PC Pals is optimised for an 800 x 600 display, so it's never going to be perfect with larger resolutions.  Bloody typical - the site I visit most is the one which doesn't display nicely!  :roll:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2006, 12:08 »
i personally dont see the prob though si, I use a resolution which is even higher than yours... ok there is wasted space but its always been like that, so I'm used to it. You will get used to it in time. As for font sizes etc... well they do get "smaller" when you get "bigger" if that makes any sense  :laugh:
though you right, it is optimised for the most typical (and second from awful) resolution used.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2006, 16:54 »
Quote from: "TR"

If you have a mouse with a scolling wheel, try using the key on the keyboard with the arrow facing up and scrolling with the wheel up and down.

Oh well as its early might as well go to work  8)

Quote from: "Simon"

Gawd it was really chaps after all..what I meant was? the Ctr key below the arrow up key  :blush:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2006, 20:23 »
Well, neither of those methods worked with mine, Terry, but Ctrl with + or - does.  ;)  It's rather unfortunate that the skin we are using on the forum is optimised for 800 x 600, and is perfect for that resolution only.  If I increase the text size, using 1024 x 768, it also distorts some of the other graphics, so it's a no win situation.  I'll just have to either get used to smaller text, or revert to the smaller resolution.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2006, 13:49 »
I remember buying two LCD years ago, they were crap compared to my Sony CRT Trinitions which I bought second hand [and they are still going strong cammy:wink: ]

Colours Crap
Text Crap
Viewing Angles Crap
Gave Me Eye Strain

Apart from the above I couldn't fault them really  :laugh:
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2006, 18:33 »
Thanks bruv!  ;)  Better late than never!  :grin:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum