Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Why Windows Vista Won't Disappoint  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Why Windows Vista Won't Disappoint
« on: March 01, 2006, 10:29 »
Many users view Windows XP (and Windows 2000, and previous Windows versions) as unsafe. No matter how many patches and updates Microsoft releases, the foundation of the OS itself?the kernel?is designed and built in a way that prevents it from being truly secure. The only solution, it is argued, is to redesign and rebuild the kernel with a focus on security and stability.

Well, that's exactly what Microsoft is doing with Vista. The whole kernel has been reorganized and rewritten to help prevent software from affecting the system in unsavory ways. In Vista, it should be much more difficult for unauthorized programs (like Viruses and Trojans) to affect the core of the OS and secretly harm your system.

That's not all, of course. Microsoft has made it their aim to make life easier on developers by improving and simplifying the way software interfaces with the system and the underlying hardware. Naturally, performance has been a major concern, too.

FULL STORY

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 10:29 »
Shouldn't this be in the Laughter Zone?   :laugh:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 10:45 »
Naturally, performance has been a major concern, too

you'd have hopied the term performance includes security as this is probably the major issue with computing performace in windows systems (trojan's and other s**te slow your computer down).
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 20:27 »
Micro$oft is trying to monopolize the malware industry by becoming the only ones that can take and share your information.

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 20:48 »
yep, w**kers!
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 23:36 »
now come on guys if bill gates sold you something that worked he wouldnt be able to make all the money he gets for updating and repairs

and look at all the poor techs that would be out of the bussiness of fixing windows crashes lol :bad:  :brickwall:  :heehee:
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 23:40 »
Quote from: "davy51"

and look at all the poor techs that would be out of the bussiness of fixing windows crashes lol :bad:  :brickwall:  :heehee:

Namely me,... you do have a point there. Long live winblows :wink:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 08:58 »
yes, i guess so. and I would have to stop being smug for using linux.
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum