Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Brave Century  (Read 9128 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Brave Century
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2006, 13:25 »
Mission accomplished.  Winfixer was simple to remove using the VundoFix tool downloaded from the internet.  Autopatcher took 20 minutes to download and a further 20 minutes to bring the machine up to date.  There was a single (worryingly slow) re-boot but all was well afterwards.  I managed to revive Norton's and get that updated too.  It's now working on autoprotect again and I left it happily scanning away.  

Thanks once again for your invaluable help Mac.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Brave Century
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2006, 14:34 »
The slow reboot was while it was catching itself up with all the updates, en masse, Clive, but useful to know that software works well.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Mac

• Established Member
Brave Century
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2006, 17:40 »
Quote from: "Clive"
Mission accomplished.  Winfixer was simple to remove using the VundoFix tool downloaded from the internet.  Autopatcher took 20 minutes to download and a further 20 minutes to bring the machine up to date.  There was a single (worryingly slow) re-boot but all was well afterwards.  I managed to revive Norton's and get that updated too.  It's now working on autoprotect again and I left it happily scanning away.  

Thanks once again for your invaluable help Mac.

Good to hear it all worked so well. AutoPatcher always has done when I've used it in the past and AutoStreamer is very easy to use. With nLite you really need to know what your doing if you want to remove everything you don't need, but for removing basics it is excellent.

At least you have both had a good experience even though the re-boot can be a bit of a cliff-hanger.

Pleased to be of service.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum