Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Crappest Big Brother in Living Memory?  (Read 7840 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Crappest Big Brother in Living Memory?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 14:34 »
Ah!  I think the Australian version actually has all the naughty bits edited into one programme.   :laugh:

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2006, 14:41 »
I've been trying to remember the name of the programme, but I can't think of it. But they stopped it, don't really understand why. I use my remote if it offends. Which this year has been most of the time.
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2006, 17:05 »
Ours is very tame MB.  We mustn't get too excited you know!!  :laugh:

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 06:01 »
Ours has a definite target group in mind. Teenagers.
And it's all about making money, this year they have included an extra phone number to save a housemate that is up for eviction. That will probably double the amount of calls and the amount of money.
And supplying a pool, spa and a sauna just to encourage clothing to come off.
A big open shower area and of course only give them enough double beds that everyone has to share.
So a programme with all the naughty bits in it, going to air at 9.40pm, just perfect for teenagers.   :shock:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 07:42 »
Everyone watches it in the hope of a bit of rumpy pumpy here too, but if anything happened it would be edited out.   :laugh:

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 10:45 »
UK Big Brother "fixed", politician claims.

LINK

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 14:56 »
I think they are all fixed, Misty, including pop idol and all the rest of the garbage.

Only an idiot would believe that they would make a star out of some nobody just because they got the most votes.  

The one I find that shows a complete fix is when Girls Aloud were invented.

Cheryl Tweedy had the worst singing voice and I would swear she was chosen for her looks rather than her talent.   Let's face it, there was no way they were going to allow a great singer with an ugly face to join Girls Aloud. :D
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 15:39 »
Yes, you're probably right Lona.

I don't watch Idol or any others, they hold no interest for me.

I'm interested in the psychology of the housemates and the effects of living in an controlled enviroment.
The most interesting one was a few years back, when they split the house in two. And had older and younger housemates. They swapped a couple of the housemates over a few weeks in and then joined the house.
They also had a psychologist to comment of some of the behaviour.
Closer to the end when there was only about 6 or so left, the task was Masters and Servants for the first week, then swapped.
It appears to be all about manipulating the housemates to bring out certain aspects of their personalities.
Quite interesting.

I even find Survivor interesting at times, for the same reason.

As for Girls Aloud, haven't heard of it, must be a UK thing

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2006, 15:49 »
Quote from: "Lona"

Only an idiot would believe that they would make a star out of some nobody just because they got the most votes.  

I dont mean to offend anyone but I think that "only an idiot" or someone with way too much time to watse would watch any of those reality shows  :roll:

Unfortunately they are very cheap to make for the TV companies so they are only going to multiply ad nauseum I am afraid.

If people would just stop watching them then the advertisers would make the TV companies make some decent programmes  :(

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2006, 18:39 »
I have to confess that I watch Big Brother every other year when the World Cup is on.  I'm convinced that every part of it is fixed.  The winner was decided before it even started and it will be the Tourettes guy.  Every eviction is fixed too.

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2006, 04:39 »
Quote from: "Sandra"
Quote from: "Lona"

I dont mean to offend anyone but I think that "only an idiot" or someone with way too much time to watse would watch any of those reality shows  :roll:

Unfortunately they are very cheap to make for the TV companies so they are only going to multiply ad nauseum I am afraid.

If people would just stop watching them then the advertisers would make the TV companies make some decent programmes  :(

Television Networks target particular audiences, for these reality shows and women of our age Sandra, aren't in their sights. They supply the soaps for us, (wrong again). All you need to do is look at what is advertised during particular programmes to see who the target audience is.
Television Networks after all are businesses, and now, more so than when I worked in the industry, is run by the numbers. Ratings and what is the most cost effective. I watch more programmes on the ABC than all the others combined, that means actually sitting down and paying full attention.
My television is usually on from the time I get up to the time I go to bed, it's a bad habit I got into a long time ago. I worked in the television industry for a long time and there is very little thats on now that I actually pay attention too. But late at night when I'm searching the net  for interesting things, Big Brother Up Late is on, which is live from the house, so no editing.
So lets face it, once you pass a certain age the Networks aren't really that interested in satisfying our television watching needs.
That should answer your question Lona, as to why I spend so much time on the net. :laugh:

Offline Serenity

• Loyal Member
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2006, 23:54 »
Quote from: "mistybear"
The thing that I don't understand is why would you discuss your sexual history with total strangers.  :?  :shock:

Clive and his sheep are notorious    :whistle:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2006, 08:28 »
:sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2006, 11:03 »
So can I take it that Big Brother is still on?  How much longer until it finishes?
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2006, 19:19 »
I think it's another 5 weeks!  This series has gone on far too long and is now starting to become tedious.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum