Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Router settings for Xbox LIVE  (Read 1013 times)

Offline TOFFEEMAN1878

Router settings for Xbox LIVE
« on: August 30, 2006, 12:03 »
Until till recently my NAT settings on LIVE showed OPEN now they are MODERATE ,could the fact that the PC the router was connected to is no longer there & the settings have returned to default ,can I access the online router settings via the PC I'm using now which is conneced via a network ?...Jim

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 12:47 »
One for Sandra I think, Jim.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 13:06 »
Cant think why its changed Jim, unless the ports were opened only for the IP address that the PC you have no longer connected was using.

Routers are independant of the PCs that are connected to them.

You can access the router from any pc on the network by typing in the routers IP address in your browser and entering the admin username and password when prompted.

To "Tunnel Through" the NATS (routers firewall) you need to open the ports for the IP address of the PC that you want to access that program/site/service.
Different makes and types of routers call their "Tunnelling" by different names.

This can be done by either Port Forwarding, using the VPN ( Virtual Private Network) or by Adding the ports you want opening.

Hope this helps, if you are still unsure of something give me the make and model number of your router please so I can check which method yours uses.

Offline TOFFEEMAN1878

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 15:08 »
Thing is Sandra I changed the default Password & now cant get access to the router settins ,It's a Pinsonic ADSL -G- Wireless Router P/N 81110800 can't get thier website up !....Jim

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 17:27 »
There wil be a reset button on the router.
Usually at the back or underneath, one of those you need to push in with a pen or similar small object.

Sometimes they have to be held in for a few seconds with the power on sometimes with it off, depending on model.

That should reset the Admin username and password back to the factory default one.

I am not familiar with the model you have but will see if I can find some information out about it for you later if no one else or yourself havent already done so.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum