Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: CyberHawk  (Read 2731 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
CyberHawk
« on: October 17, 2006, 17:41 »
This looks very interesting, and it's FREE!!  Anyone tried it?  

http://www.novatix.com/

Please note - this has caused problems for two users, and was also difficult to subsequently remove.  I would still like to hear from anyone else who has tried and likes this application, but please read this thread, and also refer to this thread before downloading.  I have now uninstalled, and would not recommend this product.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
CyberHawk
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 19:43 »
I downloaded it but found that it wouldn't install properly.  Maybe I have too many other anti-spyware programs installed!   :laugh:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
CyberHawk
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 19:50 »
Umm... you seem to be having a problem here - didn't this happen with CounterSpy as well?  It does claim to run alongside other security software.  What have you recently installed, security wise?

Cyberhawk

*  Persistent zero-day threat protection made easy for everyone?even novice users!

* Protects against both known and zero-day viruses, worms, trojans, buffer overflows, rootkits and even some spyware.

* Perpetually ready for the next malware outbreak, with no signature updates required.

* Patent-pending ActiveDefense technology intelligently scans and analyzes computer processes to detect and block any malicious activity?without false positives!

* Works alongside your current security programs?there is no need to uninstall your antivirus, anti-spyware, firewall or other security program before installing Cyberhawk.

* Runs in background without impacting system performance.

* Highest level of out-of-the-box accuracy. No need to configure baffling, technical security settings: just turn Cyberhawk on and start blocking malware.

* Always up-to-date thanks to the input provided by the online Cyberhawk Secure Community, a worldwide network of users who supply feedback on emerging threats and evolving malware.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
Cyberhawk
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 20:21 »
It really isnt my week  :cry:  Just installed cyberhawk.  Got my orange ball with a red stripe in the system tray.  However double clicking it doesnt open anything.  right clicking lets me access status or suspend it but not open it.  Worst of all i cant open firefox or windows explorer, i cant open add/remove progs to uninstall it and there is no option in the programs list to uninstall it.  I'm on the second (dodgy)  pc at the moment.  Please tell me there's some simple thing i've missed.  :?

Offline Clive

• Administrator
CyberHawk
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 20:23 »
I removed and re-installed it but it still won't install properly.  More scary is that it doesn't fully uninstall either.  Where did I leave that System Restore button?  :laugh:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
CyberHawk
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 20:27 »
Quote from: "daveeb"
It really isnt my week  :cry:  Just installed cyberhawk.  Got my orange ball with a red stripe in the system tray.  However double clicking it doesnt open anything.  right clicking lets me access status or suspend it but not open it.  Worst of all i cant open firefox or windows explorer, i cant open add/remove progs to uninstall it and there is no option in the programs list to uninstall it.  I'm on the second (dodgy)  pc at the moment.  Please tell me there's some simple thing i've missed.  :?

Umm.... does it let you suspend it?  That might re-enable your other stuff.  I did say I hadn't tested it, but it seems to be fine on my machine.  Try a reboot to see if it starts working properly, or failing that, system restore, or try getting into safe mode to uninstall it.  Sorry Dave!  :(

Offline Clive

• Administrator
CyberHawk
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 20:50 »
You will need to use System Restore in safe mode Dave, otherwise it won't work.  I've now managed to successfully delete Cyberhawk.  I'm fairly certain it was conflicting with Nortons or something else.

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
CyberHawk
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 21:23 »
I won't bother with Cyberhawk then. :)
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
CyberHawk
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 21:41 »
Quote from: "Lona"
I won't bother with Cyberhawk then. :)

Probably your best idea today, Lona.  I wish I hadn't bothered with it now!  :(

Offline Simon

• Administrator
CyberHawk
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 01:08 »
It's gone!  Found it was really slowing things down, so bugger it, it's binned!  :)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
CyberHawk
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 08:32 »
I use Norton's to slow my system down Simon - it works very well too.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
CyberHawk
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 18:10 »
Oh well, it was an exciting evening!  :grin:

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
CyberHawk
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 19:43 »
Quote from: "Simon"
Oh well, it was an exciting evening!  :grin:

Its cocoa and an early night tonight  :D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
CyberHawk
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 20:30 »
Hold on Dave!  I have another recommendation for you.   :scoot:  :peepsofa:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
CyberHawk
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 21:55 »
I recommend that you book yourself into techie rehab Simon. :chuckpc:  :lol:
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum